top of page
00:00 / 11:44
LMTA SONATA FESTIVAL
ENTRY DEADLINE: January 10, 2023
FESTIVAL DATE: February 11, 2023
LOCATION: Texas Tech Music Building
Committee: Rosetta Springer
A Sonatina/Sonata Festival will be held in conjunction with the LMTA Piano Competition. This festival is designed to give students the opportunity to play without competing and to play without a specified sonatina list.
1. A student may enter one or more movements from any standard sonatina, however, the entry fee of $15.00 must be paid for each movement.
2. The selection must be performed by memory, omitting all repeats except the D.C.
3. The students must furnish the judge with a copy of their music. No photo copies are allowed.
4. The judge will critique and rate each student. Students will receive ribbons for superior, excellent, and participant.
5. Non-LMTA members must pay a fee of $35 to enter students. (This fee would cover both contest and festival.)
6. Each individual teacher’s students will be scheduled as a group. Teachers will be required to monitor their own students and schedule within their time block.
bottom of page